Employer Pre-Screening Applications
Canada Immigration Lawyer
Employers start the application process by submitting a pre-screening application. In their Pre-Screen Applications, employers must meet the following conditions and requirements:
- They are a corporation, limited partnership or a sole proprietorship;
- The business has been operating for at least three years;
- They may hire individuals outside of Canada, or those legally within Canada who are either visiting or working under a temporary work permit;
- Those positions being offered must be full-time positions that are in a skilled occupation recognized under Canadian immigration law;
- Job offers must meet standard wage levels, which can vary depending on years of experience (entry level vs. many years of experience);
- The job offer must not contravene or disrupt any agreements, labour disputes or training opportunities for residents of Ontario;
- The position being offered is necessary for the business’s operations.
For employers operating within the Great Toronto Area, the Ontario employer:
- Must have a minimum of 1 million in gross revenue and a minimum of 5 full-time employee;
- Can only apply for approval of one position for every 5 full time employees at the company.
For employers outside the Greater Toronto Area, the employer:
- Must have a minimum of $500,000 in gross revenue and a minimum of 3 full-time permanent employees.
- Can only apply for approval of one position for every 3 full time employees at the company.
An experienced Canada immigration lawyer from our full-service law firm can answer your questions about the Ontario PNP pre-screening application.