Quebec Investor Program
Canada Immigration Attorney
**IMPORTANT: No new applicants will be accepted until August 31, 2015.
This Quebec immigration program is designed for those foreign nationals who have a net worth of at least $1,600,000 CAD and are who willing to invest $800,000 CAD of their own money to the federal government for a duration of five years. The $800,000 CAD investment is government guaranteed and will be returned the applicant in full after five years, however, with no interest. Discuss your options with an experienced Canada immigration attorney.
In order for the applicant to the be eligible, the applicant:
- must have a net asset worth of at least $1,600,000 CAN obtained legally. This amount may include the assets of the applicant’s spouse if the spouse will be accompanying the applicant, however, the amount excludes any money received as a donation during the six months before the application was submitted and filed.
- must have 2 years of experience in the management of a business, within the past fives years since the application is submitted. Management experience must have been in:
- a legal farming, industrial or commercial business.
- a legal professional business provided that the business had at least two full time employees, excluding the applicant’s position; or
- an international agency or government department or agency;
- must intend to settle in Quebec and sign an agreement stating that the applicant will invest $800,000 CAD with a financial intermediary which is authorized to participate in the Quebec Investor Program.
Applicants can choose to either make a government guaranteed $800,000 investment, where the government of Canada will hold onto the money for a period of five years, after which they will return the money in full to the applicant with %0 interest. The revenue earned from the investments goes towards other Quebec assistance programs for immigrants and visible minorities.
Other factors such as age, language skills, years of training and education will also be a part of the assessment of applications. Successful applicants will be issued a Quebec Selection Certificate by the government of Quebec. Applicants must the submit that QSC with another application to be submitted to the federal government for a mandatory final review process on admissibility and for the issuance of a Canadian permanent resident visa.
There will be a preliminary evaluation to make sure the application is complete before the official evaluation. Once applications are examined, the government then proceeds with an interview of those who meet the criteria of the evaluation. During the interview, the application will be asked questions about his or her assets, legal acquisition of those assets, the investor agreement, and their management experience.